Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lately

I've been busy lately. Between my daughter's birthday, her party, a family vacation, and trying to fix up a never finished house, things have been hectic to say the least. I have been trying to do more though, despite the chaos. I have been writing stories, which my children have been enjoying. I have also been planning the illustrations for one that I am hopefully going to publish once done. Lots of exciting things.
In fact, the entire month of July, my goal was to draw everyday. Did I accomplish this goal? Mostly. I kept my weekends free for my family, I thought that was only fair. I did draw at least one drawing a day for a few weeks. I have about thirty drawings to prove it. All pastel. I kind of got sucked in. The color! I got used to charcoal, and pastel was a whole other thing. SO bright, SO pretty!

I think I am going to take a small break from pastel though. I don't want to get bored with it or forget about my other artistic loves. Time for a well needed break! Got to spend some time with my family, and preserve my peace of mind. I love it. My family is the cure to my art, and my art is the cure to my family! LOL!

No comments: