Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Pastel Drawing

I haven't been keeping up with my art lately. So... I figured my first piece to attempt since my hiatus, should be of Dadoo. Or should I say my husband's father who passed away about a month ago, my children lovingly referred to him as Dadoo.


I was going to try to do a painting of him, but got frustrated with it so this is what came out. I like it. It's pastel, and it is a lot nicer in person, my scanner couldn't pick up the more subtle colors. Still I wanted to post it. Thought some people might appreciate it.

He is still on our minds and in our hearts.

Updated
I made this self portrait right after making the one of Dadoo. I just had to add it. I really think it came out well. Thanks Dadoo for inspiring me and reigniting my love of art and creativity.

No comments: