Monday, October 6, 2008

BPA in bottles and baby food

I know this is not about crafting, but it is something that I am very upset about. There have been a lot of baby bottles, formula containers, canned items, and even baby food jars that have been found to contain BPA. This website, http://www.zrecsguide.com/ , has a section that you can look up an item or brand to see if a product you use has the chemical in it. I am not really a big political person, but I wrote my governor this week with my concerns about BPA. Luckily there are some companies that are doing something about it, but I don't think it's enough. As a mother, I am worried. There's only so much I can do to protect my kids, and while I would like to buy all organic and fresh food, my income doesn't allow it. Sometimes canned items are neccessary. Don't get me started on monosodium glutamate and high fructose corn syrup. It really is in practically everything. A lot of people in my circle think I'm crazy for not letting my kid have certain foods, but I know it's one of the reasons my daughter is so smart and healthy now. I guess until things change, I'm just going to continue to be the "overprotective" mom. I can live with that.

No comments: