Friday, July 9, 2010

Getting It Started

This weekend will hopefully be the start of something wonderful, like turning a shell of a building, into a home. My husband has invited a few people to come down to the house we bought, to work. And when I say that this place needs help, I'm not exaggerating. It's been sitting for a while. We have mostly cleaned it out, but nothing is even hooked up. I mean there's not a working toilet, and don't even think about a kitchen, because it's nonexistent.

But, it has potential. We have two small children, and all we really want is for them to have a nice place for them to be kids. It's got enough space, a few acres, and with some sweat and a lot of energy, we can turn it into a beautiful place to live. Maybe I am just being optimistic, but I'm realistic too. I know it won't be done in a month, or even five most likely. Hopefully though, this time next year we'll be moved in.

No comments: