Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Jewelry Box for my Daughter


I got the idea a while back to make a jewelry box for my daughter using magazine clippings and mod pogding them on to a plain box. I picked up a plain box at a craft store for less than five dollars and tore a few sheets of paper out of a magazine. I tried to make sure that all the pieces of paper were similar in color, but had enough interest. I ended up using about four pieces of paper of that had pictures of a nursery. I then cut the pieces of paper up width wise, due to the dimensions of the box I bought. The box is about 9 inches by 7 1/2 inches. Anyway I then just simply glued them down overlapping as I went. I used Mod Podge and a painting brush that I use just for gluing. Then after I covered the box, I went through some magazines that I have saved and looked for words that I wanted to use to decorate the box with. I have things like, "laugh, party central, dream big, baby steps, girl talk," etc. I also cut out the letters to write, "Adelyn's Treasures" on the front. I think it's coming out pretty good. It's not done yet. I still have to do the bottom and the inside, but I wanted to show how the progress of this jewelry box since I may have to hold off on finishing it for a little bit.

No comments: