Friday, June 26, 2009

Peach and Watermelon Festivals

Peach Festival is this weekend. I am looking forward to it, but at the same time I am kind of dreading it, because I know it's going to be like 100 degrees out. We have been eating peaches everyday for the past few days, because my husband's mother took my daughter out peach picking the other day. So I probably won't be stuffing myself with peaches at the festival this year. However, I may try something if it looks interesting.

The Peach Festival has me thinking more about the upcoming Watermelon Festival more than anything though. That was a deadline I set for myself and my little business. I wanted to get a table and sell some of my handmade crafts, as well as have a portfolio of my artwork to show people in case they wanted to commission any work from me. I have been making caricatures and portraits already, but I also do graphic design and digital art. Not to mention my jewelry, hair clips, and other assorted crafts.

Needless to say, I feel like I am all over the place and I either need to focus on less or I need to separate these into smaller categories of one larger company. I think I will do the latter, because one company making jewelry or drawing portraits will not do well where I live. I know I would get bored and lose my drive very quickly when things get slow too. Overall, I think this coming week I need to get my butt in gear and start making products, put the money down for a table, and determine how I will organize this business.

No comments: