Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tomatoes from Soda Bottles

I was looking around the internet today and I came across a pretty cool tutorial on how to make something like the Topsy Turvy. I'm sure you've seen the commercials on tv about the upside-down tomato plant hanger. Well this is pretty much the same thing only you make if with recycled elements.

It's pretty cool, and now I have another project to add to my ever-growing list of things I would like to make. Check out the process here. It can be found at instructables.com, which is a really great site, and if you've never been to it, you're missing out.

Here's another person's take on the Topsy Turvy. It's a little more stylish and it won't drip all over the place. I think this would be a good option for someone in the city, or someone who has a small but stylish garden. Personally, I like the cheap one made from soda bottles. I also love to reuse things I already have, and I think I would have to buy more items for the second project. Still, it's pretty cool, and I wanted to add it just to show the variations on the same idea.

No comments: